[linux-audio-user] sing notes to a synt?

Gilles Degottex gilles.degottex at net2000.ch
Thu Apr 7 09:06:12 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 18:24, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any way to be able to seq notes
> singing. That is a program that transforms what you are singing in
> notes so that they could enter a synt. and well, you could do music
> with the speed and ease of thought...

you can try my program: http://home.gna.org/fanr
it's open source, jackified, work in real-time and sends midi events to the
alsa seq
but ..... it's not optimal, there is latency and pitch errors
it works not too bad with instruments, but with voice ... it's so flexible
(like a trombone) that's hell.
I'm a fan of this research domain, I was busy these months to work on my
projects, but I see I'll get time this summer and maybe a bit earlier.

Regards,
Gilles