[linux-audio-user] sing notes to a synt?

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Apr 7 08:47:46 EDT 2005

Gilles Degottex <gilles.degottex at net2000.ch>:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 18:24, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
> > I would like to know if there is any way to be able to seq notes
> > singing. That is a program that transforms what you are singing in
> > notes so that they could enter a synt. and well, you could do music
> > with the speed and ease of thought...
>
> you can try my program: http://home.gna.org/fanr
> it's open source, jackified, work in real-time and sends midi events
> to the alsa seq

Hi Gilles, hope all your projects went well. When Jorge asked I was
immediately thinking of your research and there you are, great.

fanr (0.6.0) doesn't connect to my jack ports (says 'invalid source
"alsa_pcm:capture_7"' for example which is actually a valid source).
Tried going ALSA (hw:0) as well without success.

Segfaults on startup a couple of times but comes up then. Hm.
jack-0.99.30-cvs

Wolfgang