[linux-audio-user] sing notes to a synt?

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:31:14 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 3:24 PM, Jorge Salgueiro <jorge.salgueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any way to be able to seq notes
> singing. That is a program that transforms what you are singing in
> notes so that they could enter a synt. and well, you could do music
> with the speed and ease of thought...
>
> if reatime better.. if "jack enable" bettttter
>
> yes i am a lasy non musician. Yes i love music. And i love livelooping.

The aubio package contains a command line program called aubionotes
that is supposed to do just that, and works as a jack client and alsa
seq client.  I have not had any luck getting the package to build
correctly, and my hacked version does not work at all.

My aim is to find a program like this so I can use my bass guitar to
play a softsynth.

paul