[linux-audio-user] stupid hydrogen question

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Mon Apr 11 23:58:36 EDT 2005

> I'm trying to write a drum part in hydrogen, but it needs to be in 3/4
> time.  I see no way to do that in version 0.9.1.  The forums at
> www.hydrogen-music.org recommend changin the "pattern length" to
> achieve deifferent time signatures, but doing so doesn't have any
> affect.

I may be over simplifying your question, and I'm not really a hydrogen
expert but the thing is, if your pattern length is, say, three beats long,
it's not gonna sound any different, say, when the metronome's clicking,
because that's just click click click click - what defines any time
signature in music in general is accenting - so for it to end up sounding
3/4, I'd add some notes in there - perhaps just on the quarter notes, and
make the first one a little louder so instead of
one two three
you've got
ONE two three
ONE two three

> Even if that did work, I would have to triple my tempo, right?  The

no that's just crazy talk :)