[linux-audio-user]Skype and internet jamming

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Tue Apr 12 02:47:28 EDT 2005

"Shayne O'Connor" <forums at machinehasnoagenda.com> writes:

> has anyone experimented with live-jamming

Yes, I do it several hours every night over the iax protocol. The
remote party is using windows with the libre iaxcomm client and I'm
using asterisk.

The voice round trip delay is constant 600ms while the ping is 38ms
(measured using a recording of a session). The other party is located
20km from me. The connection is rock stable. The longest I've tested
was 6h.

I'm struggling to find a sip/iax voip application that lets me hook
into jack, using either oss2jack, jackplug or native, but still no
luck.

Proprietary software is not an option.

If anyone wants to jam with me or test their voip connection to
Norway, please call me using the urls in my signature.

Esben Stien is b0ef at esben-stien.name
         http://www.
          irc://irc.                /%23contact
          [sip|iax]: