[linux-audio-user] NoteEdit from terminal

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Apr 13 00:42:18 EDT 2005

Last Tuesday 12 April 2005 18:53, lachata was like:
>        Hello list. I've been looking for some documentation about how to
> execute NoteEdit from terminal, but I don't find anything. In "man
> noteedit" there are some options to execute some characteristics from
> terminal, but it's not enough.
>
>        My idea is to import a midi file and show the score. I know
> NoteEdit
> does it bye Tse3, but I woudl like to know how to do it from terminal.
>
>        Does anyone have any information about commands with NoteEdit?

I suspect what you see is what you get in this case. Noteedit doesn't have a
command-line interface as such by the looks of it, it's a Qt2 GUI. I think
you have to use Lilypond if you want a text-based score editor. I'm not an
expert in these matters.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk