[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 19 02:48:45 EDT 2005

Okay, I reinstalled FC3 and now alsamixer runs and sees the Audiophile
2496.  I have yet to see if sound comes out of it, but I'll get to that.

I guess that my first attempt to install the OSS driver screwed up
everything.

Also I was confused because during the installation it reported that it
had found "a" soundcard, the onboard one.  The installation and hardware
setup never mentioned the 2496.. but for some reason alsamixer comes up
like that.

Thanks for the help, everyone.
-Mike