[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 with Fedora Core 3

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:54:11 EDT 2005

<quote who="Tracey Hytry">
> Michael Mossey  wrote:
>
>> Okay, I reinstalled FC3 and now alsamixer runs and sees the Audiophile
>> 2496.  I have yet to see if sound comes out of it, but I'll get to that.
>
> Grats,  I hope it all comes together and you can start having fun with it.

Thanks again for your help.

I can't get sound to come out of it, though.  It works in Windows.  Then I
boot in linux, aplay a sound file, run alsamixer and fiddle with the
controls waiting to hear sound.  Haven't yet heard sound.  Part of the
problem is that I don't understand the alsamixer controls--I don't know
how to route the "main sound channel" to the "analog outputs" nor how to
set its volume.

I'm thinking of installing PlanetCCRMA which will probably have much
better mixers.

Can someone tell me how to set alsamixer in a basic way, anyway?

Thanks,
Mike