[linux-audio-user] mount question

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 06:42:07 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:40:17PM -0700, R Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Continuing the firewire HDD scenario. We're looking at
> a dual enclosure in order to mirror client data to a
> second drive.
>
> I want each drive to have the same partitionlabel i.e.
> "dana." If a partitionlabel titled "dana" is mounted
> at /mnt/client/dana and a second partitionlabel titled
> "dana" is inserted into the hotplug enclosure can it
> be automatically mounted at /mnt/client/mirror/dana?

I dont think that will work using FS labels, unless you hack the hotplug
scripts. I'd call the filesystems dana and dana-m or something.
Alternativly you could set them up as a software RAID1 mirror, and label
the mirrors volume, then it will happen automatically. No good if you
deliberatly want to stagger the updates though.

- Steve