[linux-audio-user] Xjadeo compile trouble

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Tue Apr 26 20:37:20 EDT 2005

Hey all,
I'm about to start on a sound/video project, and was looking at
Xjadeo to get everything all synced up with ardour. I'm having a
heck of a time trying to get it to compile, though. I've got the
latest debian unstable packages of libavcodec-dev,
libavformat-dev, libdts-dev, and ffmpeg, and I'm still getting
a bunch of errors like:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/../../../libavcodec.a(dtsdec.o)(.text+0x33d):
In function `dts_decode_frame':
: undefined reference to `dts_frame'

Someone said something about using a shared libavcodec, which
solved this problem with some other program not compiling, but
I'm not sure exactly how to go about making that happen. Any
Ideas? Anyone gotten Xjadeo to compile on a debian system?

thanks,
Spencer