[linux-audio-user] [OT] wireless

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Aug 7 16:58:45 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 01:42 -0500, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Not sure about "lots of common devices are not supported"...I thought
> the most common wireless chips were Orinco and Prism & Prism (2).
> Depending on the distro u use, wireless is fairly easy to get going. The
> Dlink PCMCIA card for some reason I could not get working and it has a
> prism chip but the others actually fire right up on PCLOS (MDK based
> distro) and did so in Mandrake as well. Demudi even configured my Prism
> based card on its own.

I think it's Prism 54 based (although not in this list).

http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php

Anyway I turned up a lot of out of date docs at first but then I found
this:

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/List

Basically it seems that even the ones with no Linux driver work with
ndiswrapper.  And the above doc tells you which require ndiswrapper and
which have a native driver.

Is it true that all Motorola PCMCIA cards use Broadcom chipsets so
require ndiswrapper?

Lee