[linux-audio-user] Creox / Ecamegapedal routing

Hans hansfong at zonnet.nl
Mon Aug 8 18:24:29 EDT 2005

pirrone wrote:

> Hans wrote:
>
>> I've got a Audigy 1. When I record guitar now I turn up line-in
>> playback, analog-mix capture and playback. I don't have a line-in
>> capture option in alsamixer. When I use qjackctl to connect alsa_pcm
>> to timemachine I do get a signal, so recording is not a problem.
>> Creox takes alsa_pcm readable client and routes the signal to
>> alsa_pcm writeble client. Still no effect noticable.
>>
>> Any more ideas?
>>
>> Hans
>

> Hans,
>
> This won't shed much light on the problem you are experiencing but
> I've got an Audigy2 and set exactly as you describe in Alsamixer I can
> use EcaMegaPedal without problem.  I'm running a EuroRack U8802 into
> the Line In jack and everything works with excellent sound quality.  I
> was even watching a DVD last night which uses an internal digital
> connection for sound at the same time as playing my guitar through the
> preset Delay 1.
>
> Now, this works with or without Jack running, but when Jack is up and
> EMPedal running I see nothing in the patchbay.  So, there is no
> connection to be made here.
>
> Frank

Thanks for the hint: ecamegapedal is working without Jack and the trick
is so mute the Analog Mix playback, but turn on the Analog Mix capture
and Line-in. It just takes /dev/dsp as in/output. Jack works also, but
lousy. Apparently I was layering the line-in signal and the processed
signal, and the latter is weaker so it was overpowered by the line-in,
hence no noticable effect. Ah well, one has to make mistakes to learn :-)

Creox (still) doesn't work at all with Jack. I'm giving up.

Thanks,

Hans