[linux-audio-user] Multiple soundcard with Jack

Jody Noury jody.noury at linucie.net
Tue Aug 9 04:04:29 EDT 2005

Hi,
studio-64 a écrit :
> Hi
> Are you looking to bring both cards from 2 pcs into the mixer?
I have a machine with 2 cards, and a laptop.
I sometime use a dvd player to play video on a projector.

I'd like to mix this differents sources with one interface if possible,
the aim is not to master but to play music in live.

I'm not the one who mixes, It could be differents persons who are not
particularly familiar with a computer.

I like principe of jack to be able to drive different sources themselves
but I think now that it shouldn't made for this kind of need but to
synchronise in and output those I think I don't need.

> I use 2 pcs,  one with an RME hamerfall for 16 tracks
> and then use the spdiff into another pc as input for mastering,
> Both cards are Locked to the DDX as master.
I found pages about RME hamerfall on Internet but I can't see what DDX
is ? is there a console from Behringer ?

> Its less stress on the multitrack machine when mastering to 2 track.
> Or do you want to use 2 pc's as a multitrack machine?
Maybe I'll master our party but at this time, don't think I've adapted
hardware for it :)

Thanks,

Jody