[linux-audio-user] Suggested laser printer for score printing?

Gavin Stevens gavin-stevens at gavmusic.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 19:21:40 EDT 2005

Hi Malcolm,

I use an HP LaserJet 4000 N for printing & I am always pleased with the
quality. Not bad for £50 s/h a couple of years ago.

Even better, I have never had to do anything regarding setting it up
from within the system. Both Debian & Ubuntu seemed to recognise it
instantly during installation & it is just always there, ready to go.

I think that most straightforward laser printers should be fine.
Personally, I would recommend HP based on experience, but if looking to
buy second hand, avoid the HP 4050 printer/fax - I do remember from
reading at Linux Printing that this will not work at all with Linux.

Gavin.