[linux-audio-user] PD-questions

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Sat Aug 13 11:49:27 EDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 05:37:46PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally got around lurking into pd the last evenings. Cool stuff,
> nevertheless I have some questions:
>
> * Why does pd support alsa/jack/oss for audio but only oss for midi?
> Or is something wrong with my install (gentoo)?

pd has supported ALSA for midi for maybe 6-9 mnths or more. the problem is proably a combination of the gentoo ebuild being out of date, and the original author of PD sort of maintaining his own branch seperate from other deevelopers., try cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co -r devel_0_39 pd and you should get one with ALSA midi...