[linux-audio-user] usb controller keyboards

Tue Aug 16 13:01:26 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 09:37, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 18:16 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > no one except M-Audio is allowed to make it available
>
> I suspect no one even asked M-Audio for permission to redistribute the
> firmware as part of an open source driver.

I think I did that a long long time ago, never got an answer.

It used to be possible to just unzip the driver download and extract the
firmware. At some point that changed and you could only extract it
inside windows by running the install program (or by the other hack
mentioned before in the thread).

This change might have been unrelated to linux but it is, nevertheless,
very unfriendly. I would not recommend buying that hardware when other
hardware is available that does not require contortions to make it run.

-- Fernando