64bit linux audio was Re: [linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

Steve Lindsay stephen.a.lindsay at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 21:00:12 EST 2005

On 12/4/05, studio-64 <fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk> wrote:
>   Yep and 64studio for us who think we need speed!!

I'm thinking of putting together a new computer, and am thinking that
going down the 64bit road might be a good idea. I would like to play
around with audio on this machine however so i wondering if there are
any "gotcha's" to doing this sort of stuff on a 64 bit machine, for
example any of the major apps (jack, ardour, etc.) not running well on
these platforms?
(I think in principle there's no reason why they wouldn't, however I
have run linux on an ibook for the last few years and have
occasionally had endian issues in the past with some applications,
just wondering if there are equivalents for this sort of problem in
porting 32->64bit. I know nothing about the state of linux on 64bit so
this is possibly a stupid question, if so apologies :)

Also wondering what people's experience with 64studio is?

Cheers.....Steve