64bit linux audio was Re: [linux-audio-user] The best distro for music creation

studio-64 fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 05:33:00 EST 2005

Hi Re 64studio

For sound Apps its rock solid, and still in alpha I believe.
It's a usable system and we have recorded many songs that have done well
in various charts on the net.

So as a DAW I dont thnik you can fault it!
Make sure you have Linux supported sound cards, which is the same for
any Linux DAW.
I use the RME on my Multitrack machine and this is a superb card.

I would reccomend a duel boot system with a 32bit OS for the other stuff
you'll need to do like OPen office, Flash ( websites get very tiring
with a constant naggin from Firefox to install/update flash!) Plus
you'll need to backup and burn DVD's.

Like I said as a DAW you'll find it fast and stable, and the more people
testing the better.

Good luck
Bob

--