[linux-audio-user] Looking for soundcard.

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Dec 18 10:45:59 EST 2005

> So are there no longer latency issues with USB audio?

I do not get very low latency, I'm at 16usecs. That's OK for my needs.

But I also read that you can achieve much better latencies, down to
5usecs, by using the patches of Ingo Molnar (such a kernel doesn't boot
on my notebook :( ) and tweaking the system a bit.

There are also tricks playing with the interrupts.

So, if you need low latency you can get good results by tweaking the
system.

Best regards

    ce