[linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

I. I. Ooisen ii001001 at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 19 08:27:36 EST 2005

REFERENCE:
http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

(i just found this!) the developers of noteedit say on their site they
want to end noteedit development because nobody cares about noteedit.
this makes me angry.

on their official page, they are blaming us for this situation. (maybe
they are right, maybe they are wrong.)

NOTEEDIT (which is GPL), THE BEST USER-FRIENDLY SCORE EDITOR FOR
GNU/LINUX (cause that's what it is!), doesn't deserve to be ignored.
what is wrong with us? i wonder why most of us ignore it...

is it because noteedit is a kde app and most of us are gnome supporters?
is it because we all afford to buy finale and don't need a GPL score
editor?

i really don't understand why we keep on ignoring it. it's a... mystery
to me why almost nobody even mentions it... (maybe they didn't choose a
very memorable name? are you confusing it with an application class
name?) honestly, i would be very sad if the noteedit project was
abandoned!

i am not related to the noteedit project in any way, as i am a newbye to
anything gnu/linux. however, noteedit is one of the reasons for me to
feel comfortable in gnu/linux.

maybe we could do something about it? i don't know... advertizing the
project... promoting it... whatever... or just take a look at it (if
you haven't already) and think for yourself. it may not be *perfect*,
but it's THE BEST we have...

you may want to read this, for further information:
http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html