[linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

Lars Luthman larsl at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 19 16:33:08 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 15:27 +0200, I. I. Ooisen wrote:
> (i just found this!) the developers of noteedit say on their site they
> want to end noteedit development because nobody cares about noteedit.
> this makes me angry.
>
> on their official page, they are blaming us for this situation. (maybe
> they are right, maybe they are wrong.)
>
> NOTEEDIT (which is GPL), THE BEST USER-FRIENDLY SCORE EDITOR FOR
> GNU/LINUX (cause that's what it is!), doesn't deserve to be ignored.
> what is wrong with us? i wonder why most of us ignore it...
>
> is it because noteedit is a kde app and most of us are gnome supporters?
> is it because we all afford to buy finale and don't need a GPL score
> editor?

Do "most of us" actually use score editors? I prefer piano rolls myself,
I can barely read notes.

It sounds a bit silly to stop writing something because it doesn't get
mentioned often enough on LAU. Judging from the forums and the mailing
list archives on the BerliOS page there seem to be some people who are
interested in it.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php