[linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Mon Dec 19 16:39:16 EST 2005

Lars Luthman wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 15:27 +0200, I. I. Ooisen wrote:
>
>>(i just found this!) the developers of noteedit say on their site they
>>want to end noteedit development because nobody cares about noteedit.
>>this makes me angry.
>>
>>on their official page, they are blaming us for this situation. (maybe
>>they are right, maybe they are wrong.)
>>
>>NOTEEDIT (which is GPL), THE BEST USER-FRIENDLY SCORE EDITOR FOR
>>GNU/LINUX (cause that's what it is!), doesn't deserve to be ignored.
>>what is wrong with us? i wonder why most of us ignore it...
>>
>>is it because noteedit is a kde app and most of us are gnome supporters?
>>is it because we all afford to buy finale and don't need a GPL score
>>editor?

If I recall, this all came about because a (false) rumor was being
spread about Finale being ported to Linux, and this was perceived as a
threat to the future success of NoteEdit.

I doubt it's a KDE issue, either, since Rosegarden (the *other* score
editor) is also a KDE application.

> Do "most of us" actually use score editors? I prefer piano rolls myself,
> I can barely read notes.

I use Rosegarden extensively for score editing.

-- Brett