[linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

Carlos Pino pinojazz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:14:56 EST 2005

I. I. Ooisen wrote:

>REFERENCE:
>http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html
>
>(i just found this!) the developers of noteedit say on their site they
>want to end noteedit development because nobody cares about noteedit.
>this makes me angry.
>
>on their official page, they are blaming us for this situation. (maybe
>they are right, maybe they are wrong.)
>
>NOTEEDIT (which is GPL), THE BEST USER-FRIENDLY SCORE EDITOR FOR
>GNU/LINUX (cause that's what it is!), doesn't deserve to be ignored.
>what is wrong with us? i wonder why most of us ignore it...
>
>is it because noteedit is a kde app and most of us are gnome supporters?
>is it because we all afford to buy finale and don't need a GPL score
>editor?
>
>i really don't understand why we keep on ignoring it. it's a... mystery
>to me why almost nobody even mentions it... (maybe they didn't choose a
>very memorable name? are you confusing it with an application class
>name?) honestly, i would be very sad if the noteedit project was
>abandoned!
>
>i am not related to the noteedit project in any way, as i am a newbye to
>anything gnu/linux. however, noteedit is one of the reasons for me to
>feel comfortable in gnu/linux.
>
>maybe we could do something about it? i don't know... advertizing the
>project... promoting it... whatever... or just take a look at it (if
>you haven't already) and think for yourself. it may not be *perfect*,
>but it's THE BEST we have...
>
>you may want to read this, for further information:
>http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

>http://mail.yahoo.com

   Hi.
    Sad news,I find noteedit a very good aplication.
    I'm not a good music reader nor writer,but when i need it Is faster
for me to write by hand.i have never use Finale nor other music writing app.
   Last night I was playing with it and trying to find the way to have a
"normal" view (for me) of the score.Im accustomed to the real book,and I
like to write my scores  in that way,simple melody line and chords
over,each line divided in four bars,to have a clear preview of what I'm
writing and  reading,but have not succes.This is not the first time I
find  this issue,and probably the main cause,between others with no
direct relationship with noteedit,that made me reject the use and more
extensive test of the program.
     Wish Noteedit keep live ,growing and improve his features.

    Excuse my english.

  Saludos

  --Carlos.