[linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

I. I. Ooisen ii001001 at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 19 22:50:14 EST 2005

>     I'm not a good music reader nor writer,but when i need it Is
> faster for me to write by hand.

why, do you write it in adobe? :D))

> Last night I was playing with it and trying to
> find the way to have a "normal" view (for me) of the score.Im
> accustomed to the real book,and I like to write my scores  in that
> way,simple melody line and chords over,each line divided in four
> bars,to have a clear preview of what I'm writing and  reading,but
> have not succes.This is not the first time I find  this issue,and
> probably the main cause,between others with no direct relationship
> with noteedit,that made me reject the use and more extensive test of
> the program.

finale has a reputation for having (at least in its first versions) the
most idiotic, un-intuitive, and frustrating interface in the history of
software. believe me.

don't compare noteedit with finale. they are conceived differently.
noteedit is more like "nwc" ("noteworthy composer") for windows, which
is a much friendlier design.

just try noteworthy composer (for windows, not gpl), and you'll see what
i mean. then try NOTEEDIT.