[linux-audio-user] Making Audio on Linux Just Work: (1) defining the goals

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Dec 20 15:36:05 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 11:56 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 12:36:11PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > least on my systems, which can end up with multiple mp3's playing at
> > the same time. Stuff like starting an mp3/ogg/xxx file playing, and
>
> Give an example of where this happens to you. What website does this?

I don't have a test case handy.  But, are you really asserting that
multimedia web content "Just Works" on Linux like in OSX and Windows?  I
think it's obvious to most people that we are not there yet.

For example last time I checked, YTMND
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=YTMND&btnG=Google+Search) sites
don't even play on any Linux browser.  WTF?

Lee