[linux-audio-user] CLI vs. GUI and other Linux sound issues, was FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Thu Dec 22 07:26:18 EST 2005

Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> writes:

> very powerful

So many spots to put my comments in, but I just chose this neat spot;)

The most important thing, I think, is that the applications must
provide means to work in multiple kinds of interfaces. If an app only
can be driven via a gui, it's totally useless, in my opinion. Even a
scriptable gui app is crap.

The separation between the core and the ui is so important.

I am a strong believer in that you don't need multiple applications
that basically deals with the same thing for different needs; you only
need different interfaces. If the core is not able to serve both the
highly advanced and the extremely simple, it's of no use, except only
as a guideline for how not to design your application.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m