[linux-audio-user] Audio player which primitive mix

Dan Mills dmills at spamblock.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 18:41:05 EST 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 16:03, Carotinho wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Alle 19:30, domenica 25 dicembre 2005, David Haggett ha scritto:
> > On Saturday 24 December 2005 12:54, Carotinho wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I've been requested of an audio player able to crossfade between the
> > > last seconds of a song and the first seconds of the following song in
> > > the playlist. They told me it's a feature in Winamp 3 (although I'm not
> > > sure).
> >
> > Just tried it in Amarok.  Works brilliantly.
>
> Maybe I've not expressed properly. I've just compiled Amarok, but (aside
> for being a very nice software - why I didn't install it before!) what it
> can do is to fade out a song, and then fade in the following song, but not
> fading out the first while fading in the second, in the way a dj would do
> with the crossfader slider.

Rivendell can do it but is probably gross overkill for your application, being
aimed squarely at professional broadcasters.

You have to set segue markers for where the transitions should start for each
track and build your logs with the segue transition type, but as long as you
do that it gets the job done.

Installation can be a tad scary and unless you have an audiosciences soundcard
it uses PCM16 .wav files for its audio storage which is a little painful
(patent issues with .mp[2,3] and nobody has gotten around to adding .ogg
or .flac support yet, disk space is cheap in broadcaste site terms).

http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell

Regards, Dan.