[linux-audio-user] Bringin the New Year with another song

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Jan 2 07:52:45 EST 2005

Last Saturday 01 January 2005 19:27, R Parker was like:
> http://www.iaxs.net/~rparker/liquor_lyles.ogg
>
> We took the Linux multitrack recording van out for its
> maiden voyage. Duane and his partner Nip have been
> running live sound in the Minneapolis area about the
> same amount of time that my partners and I have been
> running the studio. It was about a year ago when we
> first talked about running a remote van. It was a
> great experience. Cheers to a great 2005 with Linux
> Audio.

Wish we'd had a similar recording set-up for New Year. Hopefully I should be
able to set up an in-house system to record gigs at my local venue in a month
(or so ;-). Interesting sound quality on this piece. The top end is almost
cuttingly sharp to my ears, it sounds like you must have had the room sound
almost perfect, or you've been up all night fixing it. Can't say I'm a huge
fan of Zappa's lyrics although they're slightly improved by not having to
listen to him sing them ;-]

The difficulty I have with introducing Linux tools into this sort of situation
(populated by Windows wide-boys and occasional anal Mac users) is that I'm
not a technician, therefore my technical suggestions tend to get dismissed.
Plus it would involve training someone else to use Ardour who would rather be
using Wavelab *gnnn*. I shall persevere.

cheers

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk