[linux-audio-user] Disabling Playthrough

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Tue Jan 4 14:56:30 EST 2005

> Linux audio is a bit byzantine compared to what I'm used
> to... there appear to be several interacting layers, and
> control panels in various places.

Yep, it is, especially Audacity has an additional layer called
portaudio which makes things more complex.

> If anyone has
> suggestions or pointers to a good linux-audio-howto or
> getting started that explains all of this, I'd appreciate
> it.

Well, maybe I'm an importunate guy, but I'd like to recommend
the videos I've recently done. Especially the first one might
be useful for you:

http://sysexxer.sf.net/files/LinuxAudioBasics.avi
http://sysexxer.sf.net/files/BasicMIDIconnectivity.avi
http://sysexxer.sf.net/files/JackConnectivity.avi

If possible, have a look at the first one so you have an basic
overview.

After that, I'd be glad to help you getting the desired
results.

 Best regards

    ce