[linux-audio-user] Common linux audio layer

anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 09:31:30 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:43:22PM -0000, Dubphil wrote:
> what is really the need to give Linux an audio
> Multiuser OS ? Imagine 2 or more users using the same computer to make
> music, listen to their video etc

I think the term "multi tasking" would have applied better here.

Ther problem described seems to be about different applications having
their sound output mixed and sent to the audio device without the need
for special rigging.

The desirability of this is debatable. I think it was on this list that
I read about a music record that hit the streets with a Windows "you
have mail" beep in the middle of the music :-)

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk