[linux-audio-user] Fw: FreeWheeling 'Xlib async reply' fix

JP Mercury swirlee at stickist.com
Thu Jan 6 13:24:24 EST 2005

Hi,

I wanted to pass this back to linux-audio-user for anyone who is having an
issue with an Xlib error: 'Xlib async reply' when FreeWheeling starts up.

Several people have reported this. Here's a fix that seems to work:

>JP, the fix you suggested:
>
>1) In src/fweelin_core.cc, find:
>
>  mlockall(MCL_CURRENT | MCL_FUTURE);
>
>Directly after, add these lines:
>
>  if (!XInitThreads()) {
>    printf("MAIN: ERROR: FreeWheeling requires threaded Xlib support\n");
>    return 0;
>  }
>
>And near the top of src/fweelin_core.cc, find:
>
>  #include <sys/mman.h>
>
>Directly after, add:
>
>  #include <X11/Xlib.h>
>
>seems to have worked.  Haven't tried the other one, my Xlib problem is
>gone.  It in fact is a very pleasant app and I think it will become a
>part of my arsenal.  I am looking forward to the stereo capabilities
>:)

This fix will appear in the next prerelease.

Once again, thanks for all your tremendous feedback- already I am glad I went
the open-source route.

Best,
JP Mercury