[linux-audio-user] Common linux audio layer

M P Smoak smoak at mis.net
Fri Jan 7 12:51:30 EST 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 08:03, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > One solution is to pre-connect the vdeo audio to JACK via a
> > jackplug or "jacklaunch", but if the video is already
> > playing, no dice.
>
> Yeah, like always: we have no common soundserver :( .
>
> If you have running JACK all time and using KDE, you can make
> arts a JACK client and make kaffeine play the video through
> arts to jack.
>

>  Best regards
>

>     ce

Well, I'm using KDE and plan on sticking with it, so this is of
interest to me and I expect others getting started on linux/audio.

Aren't Gnome and KDE working to be "compatible" ie apps in one run
in the other?

One of my problems is I'm learning audio and linux at the same time;
I'm an old-IBMmainframe-Win3.1 APL user / sax player.  I'm having fun
but not attempting Jack & all yet.

OT Anyone know how I can get my rh9 kmail to see my rh8 kmail mailboxs
on my mounted rh8 partion?  If you, answer Please start a new thread or
reply to me directly (to keep this tread on topic).

Marv  in Lex. KY