[linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25 and my USB hub

Adrian Prantl adrian at f4z.org
Tue Jan 11 03:39:20 EST 2005

Hi fellow LAU'ers,

I'm expieriencing strange things with my new Edirol UA-25. I am running Debian
SID with a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel. The device works really fine (it has his
own USB controller and is directly connected to the board) when I try to
playback _or_ record @ 24Bit/48khz.
But as soon as I try to do both things simultaneously (using arecord and
aplay) - after about 2 seconds - I get this:

Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: hub 2-0:1.0: port 1 disabled by hub (EMI?),
re-
enabling...
Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 3
Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -19
Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using
uhci_h
cd and address 4
Jan  9 15:06:26 vicviper usb.agent[5253]:      snd-usb-audio: already loaded

to make sure it isn't a hardware issue, I tested the device with Audacity in
Windows on the same machine, and that worked just fine.

Sooo. Does anyone have any idea what I could try to fix this problem? It sure
does render Ardour unusable for me, which is - well - bad.

thanks alot,
Adrian