[linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25 and my USB hub

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 11 05:53:21 EST 2005

Hallo,
Adrian Prantl hat gesagt: // Adrian Prantl wrote:

> I'm expieriencing strange things with my new Edirol UA-25. I am running Debian
> SID with a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel. The device works really fine (it has his
> own USB controller and is directly connected to the board) when I try to
> playback _or_ record @ 24Bit/48khz.
> But as soon as I try to do both things simultaneously (using arecord and
> aplay) - after about 2 seconds - I get this:
>
> Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: hub 2-0:1.0: port 1 disabled by hub (EMI?),
> re-
> enabling...
> Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 3
> Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, err = -19
> Jan  9 15:06:23 vicviper kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using
> uhci_h
> cd and address 4
> Jan  9 15:06:26 vicviper usb.agent[5253]:      snd-usb-audio: already loaded
>
> to make sure it isn't a hardware issue, I tested the device with Audacity in
> Windows on the same machine, and that worked just fine.

I really would *love* to help someone who names his machine "vicviper"
(Gradius V rulez!), but this looks like an issue with the USB
subsystem, I guess. I would suggest to ask on the linux-usb-lists
about the problem, as well. I encountered similar messages with some
devices on my VIA based board, whereas the same devices run cool on
my Intel based laptop. Do you also run some VIA controller?
(I don't understand what you mean by "its own USB controller"?)

Ciao