[linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-25 and my USB hub

Adrian Prantl adrian at f4z.org
Tue Jan 11 07:03:16 EST 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 11:53, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> I really would *love* to help someone who names his machine "vicviper"
> (Gradius V rulez!)
(actually my machines are named for the characters in Parodius! :-)

> Do you also run some VIA controller?
vicviper:/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1# head product
VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
hmm.. not good. Do you think that getting myself a non-VIA-based PCI USB
Interface could help?
> (I don't understand what you mean by "its own USB controller"?)
I'm afraid I don't know the correct terminology, what I meant was that it does
not share its bus with another device.

thanks a lot!
Adrian