[linux-audio-user] Audio interface recommendations

Jon B 30plxf602 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:37:16 EST 2005

Sorry if this gets asked every five minutes.  I'm looking for a decent
quality linux-supported interface for a laptop.  Low latency is
important.  Should I aim for USB or Firewire?  (Or PCMCIA?  Do they
even make those?)  24-bit is important.  48 kHz at least, but I guess
44.1 is acceptable.  More than stereo in and out is kind of nice, but
not required.  Compatibility is important.  :-)

Alternatively, point me to information elsewhere.  The problem is that
anything I can find online is from 2+ years ago.

Alternatively, please help fill in this list, especially ones you have
personal experience with, so people don't have to ask:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Alsa+Preferred+Soundcards

Jon