[linux-audio-user] [OT] DIY Racks

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Wed Jan 12 22:03:59 EST 2005

So, I'm the proud new owner of a rackmount computer, with
rackmount LCD monitor purchased off of eBay. I'm hopefully soon
to be the owner of an equally snazzy rackmount multichannel I/O.
I am not, however, in posession of a rack in which to mount my
new toys. So I'm thinking of building one myself. Especially
because I'd like to have one that accomodates the monitor as well
as the gear, and an eventual rackmount mixer, and I haven't seen
one that would organize things in a usable way. Has anyone built
their own racks before? It doesn't seem too complicated, but I
thought I'd see if there are any common pitfalls I might miss.
The hard part is going to be trying to make a roadworthy rack,
but I might leave that as a separate project, once I get this
under my belt. If anyone has any ideas on a DIY road rack, they'd
be appreciated.

Thanks!
-spencer