[linux-audio-user] Edirol UM-1S no workie...

Erik Thorsson ethorsson at neoprimitive.net
Fri Jan 21 16:11:24 EST 2005

Thanks for your help, Clemens and David.

Re-installing ALSA (# apt-get install alsa) and running alsaconf did the
trick.

Added the 'modprobe snd-seq-midi' line to the Debian startup sequence,
following this guide:  http://www.desktop-linux.net/debian-rclocal.htm

Now I get...

yew:/# amidi -l
Device    Name
hw:1,0,0  UM-1 MIDI 1
yew:/# pmidi -l
  Port     Client name                       Port name
  72:0     UM-1 - Rawmidi 1                  UM-1 MIDI 1
yew:/#

Thanks again!

-E