[linux-audio-user] CPU temperature, mp3 decoding and

Bengt Gördén bengan at sunet.se
Tue Jan 25 16:26:10 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 07:55:05PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> For years I'm now using Alsaplayer, which still is the most stable one
> for me. The only thing missing is sortable playlist, which is really a
> bad thing to miss

It doesn't really miss a sortable interface. It's just not included in
the gui, as far as I can see. If you get a copy of the source and cd
down to the folder examples. There you'll find sort.c. Just do a:

gcc -o sort_ap sort.c `pkg-config alsaplayer --cflags --libs`

and you'll be able to sort the alsaplayer. At least in
alsaplayer-0.99.76.

to sort you just: sort_ap [aAlLtTyYnNcCfFgGpP]

ex. "sort_ap a" will sort the list by artist in descending
order. Documented in the code :-), at app/Playlist.cpp

Now someone just need to make a bunch of clickable buttons in the gui
to match this and "alls well".

regards,

- KTHNOC/SUNET/NORDUnet | http://www.sunet.se/~bengan | +46 8 7906586 -