[linux-audio-user] LAU podcasting

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Jan 27 00:28:06 EST 2005

Just an idea but if anyone with recording gear (probably
most people on this list) then please consider creating
some podcasts of how you run your setups with examples
of software techniques you use to create your music on
linux... especially in ogg :-)

There is finally a reasonable channel for publishing 30
to 40 minute lo-fi shows and there is already enough good
and bad material abounding but nothing like linux nerds
describing and demonstrating their audio wares.

For those not aware of podcasting (it's NOT just for Macs),
this is arguably the best example of the genre and I am
amazed at the quality of this guys 64kbit/22khtz productions
from his Mac... can we on linux match this fine level of
production ? I'd like to think so, and hear so.

 http://homepage.mac.com/dailysourcecode/DSC/DSC-2005-01-26.mp3

The presence and seperation of some of the radio-like
cuts are excellent considering the bitrate used.

--markc