[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-announce] [ANN] MIDI to CSV Utilities 1.0

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri Jan 28 04:36:04 EST 2005

>> My only question is - why would you want to convert MIDI to text?
>> I assume this would mainly be a debugging tool?

I haven't looked into the tools yet. But appearently, it's midi2text and
text2midi. When I saw that, the first thing that ran thru my mind was
"what a great way for someone to be able to easily create a program that
uses these tools to do certain tasks" (like seperating different
instruments from a midi file into seperate tracks). I'm sure there's
more ways of using these tools. But that's the first thing that ran thru
my mind... A third program that preforms certain kinds of editing on
midi files. Maybe even batch processing.

Rocco