[linux-audio-user] software for a live audio desk

Greg Wilder greg at gregwilder.com
Sun Jan 30 14:58:40 EST 2005

I do lots of GNU/Linux based sound design for live theater and always build
custom patches in PD to handle the needs of specific performances.  I've
written extensively about it:

http://www.gregwilder.com/cp.html
http://www.steeprockmedia.com/index.php?option=content&task=section&id=7&Itemid=34
http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/04/11/17/141238.shtml?tid=141&tid=106

So, I echo what several others have already said - PD is probably the most
flexible way to do this kind of work.  Interfaces can easily be designed to
allow board operators to change various aspects of the show "on the fly"
including the adjustment cue pacing to better fit the on-stage action.  What
would we do without it?!?

Greg Wilder
www.gregwilder.com