[linux-audio-user] More Homemade Music --

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jul 2 06:02:38 EDT 2005

Your experiences sound a lot like mine, Steve.

Last Saturday 02 July 2005 07:38, Steve D was like:
> I had put off learning anything about Ardour for a long time. I was
> scared of its seeming complexity.  However, by concentrating at first on
> just the features that I needed to understand in order to record
> something, it wasn't as hard as I thought. It will take time to learn
> the program well though.

Yes, I took my time getting round to looking at Ardour. I have found it very
intuitive to use and as you say, you only need to know a limited set of
functions to record and master a basic multitrack piece. I'm beginning to
think of it as the audio equivalent to GIMP, rather than the Linux equivalent
to ProTools.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk