[linux-audio-user] OT: Using Linux as Bass amp / preamp recommendations

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sat Jul 2 17:58:55 EDT 2005

Hi Joe, Neal and Sampo,

thanks a lot for your efforts.

As Sampo said it depends on the soundcard used if you need a
DI box or not. I only have line inputs on mine, so I decided
to buy something like a DI box or anything similar.

I've just seen a Behringer which seems to be very flexible:

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_behringer_mic200_tube_
ultragain_preamp_prodinfo.html

I do not know how it will sound, but I think I'll try it :) .

I'm really curious what I'll get out of my linux box using
creox or jack-rack. I guess it will be much better than I
expect!

Thanks & best regards

    ce