[linux-audio-user] audacity jack

Eric Robert roberteric at neuf.fr
Sun Jul 3 04:51:01 EDT 2005

Christoph Eckert wrote:
>>Has anyone used audacity with jack successfully?
>

> I didn't, but AFAIK audacity uses the portaudio abstraction
> layer, so there's an additional layer to take care about.
>
> Didn't audacity tell anything when started from a shell
> window?
>

> Best regards
>

>     ce

It just says:
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c failed:
Device or resource busy
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
Device or resource busy
creating

But i can hear the song however so it seems it can find jack, as i can
see in the preferences

The pb occurs when i stop and replay the song from the gui: the cursor
moves on but the song is "stuck" on the last "note" played the first time...
They on their site say that portaudio v19 is still on devel but should
be stable enough
Any hint?

Cheers
Eric