[linux-audio-user] midisport 2x2

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Mon Jul 4 02:36:17 EDT 2005

On 3 July 2005 at 23:44, Stephen Ceresia <chungkingmansions at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.12-2multimedia-386, and I seem to
> have killed my perfectly functioning Midisport 2x2.  When I launch
> seq24, the Midisport outputs no longer appears as options.  It seems
> that my cheap onboard laptop soundcard has been defaulted to take care
> of MIDI.  The firmware appears to load successfully, and I've tried
> doing $ modprobe snd-seq , but no luck.  Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated... I just got some new gear and was having a great
> time sequencing... what bad timing!

I would think that you could take care of loading the module(s) in
the right order with some combination of /etc/modprobe.conf (likely)
and /etc/modprobe.preload (maybe).  I had to do this to get my Delta
1010 to come 2nd behind my Soundblaster card.

What kernel did you upgrade from?  Can't you just use lilo or grub to
boot your previous kernel?

G'luck....

--
Kevin