[linux-audio-user] midisport 2x2

Stephen Ceresia chungkingmansions at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:37:16 EDT 2005

> I would think that you could take care of loading the module(s) in
> the right order with some combination of /etc/modprobe.conf (likely)
> and /etc/modprobe.preload (maybe).  I had to do this to get my Delta
> 1010 to come 2nd behind my Soundblaster card.

I don't appear to have a modprobe.conf or modprobe.preload file.  I'm
guessing this is part of the problem.  Is there some way to generate
these files, or can I manually create them?  What should they contain?

> What kernel did you upgrade from?  Can't you just use lilo or grub to
> boot your previous kernel?

I upgraded from 2.6.8.  I guess I could just boot to the previous one,
but I keep reading about all these great 'realtime' audio features of
2.6.12. :-)  Also, I'd like to learn how to fix this problem.  The
first time I got my Midisport working, I think it was more luck than
anything else...