[linux-audio-user] Hardware compatability

MarC marc_lists at ramonvinyes.es
Mon Jul 4 10:26:09 EDT 2005

En/na Christoph Eckert ha escrit:

>>Even he agreed that in future more and more people would be
>>using open source music programs. Excellent! I wish I could
>>have pointed him to a hardware compatability list so that
>>when selling his gear to customers he could tell them which
>>could also be used with open source software. Does anyone
>>know of a good list?
>>

>Unfortunately we still have no central point where users get a
>good start about supported hardware and an overview over the
>most important software.
>
>A wiki would be cool. There's already one at alsa.opensrc.org
>but it's alsa specific.
>
>Furthermore there's the card matrix at
>
>http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/
>
>but I do not know how up-to-date it is.

some time ago Rand and I started
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LA_SoundCards

It's a Wiki and everything is set up to post new soundcard'experiences.
However I couldn't spend more time on it. Feel free to contribute there
and if you feel that smth should be improved go on and do it.

Moreover, at last, now it's possible to edit the pages using a sort of
anonymous login:
(user *TWikiGuest* with password *guest)

*Cheers
MarC
**