[linux-audio-user] Using Linux as Bass amp

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Mon Jul 4 13:48:43 EDT 2005

> Frankly, if you're recording to ardour, then DI-ing it may
> be fine. Some kind of pre-amp will help. The SC series of
> compressors can be useful, best bass sounds are usually the
> least mucked around with in my experience.

thanks for the info. I even heard that on live gigs the bass
is usually directly connected to the mixer.

I've just ordered the Behringer Mic200 and I hope it will be
good enough to get a decent recording. There's still the
possibility to pipe it through jack-rack before entering
ardour or even to apply effects when played back by ardour.

Best regards

    ce