[linux-audio-user] Collaboration (was: More Homemade...)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Jul 7 02:49:32 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:39:01PM -0600, Steve D wrote:

> Hello Thorsten--
>
> I downloaded the re-uploaded file of "This and That" (the one whose data
> was not corrupted), and worked on it for about 2 days, off and on. I
> added various harmony and melodic stuff until I ran out of ideas, which
> was about halfway through the piece. The original "breakbeats" file (as
> you called it) is about 6 minutes 30 seconds long, and my version
> chopped it roughly in half, to about 3 and a quarter minutes.

Hi Steve!

This is very interesting. There's quite some tension between the old melodic
parts and what you added in places. Assuming it wouldn't leave enough space,
I originaly wanted to give you the audio drumloop files the track is build
on, but you did a great job this way! :)

I especialy like the flute and the way it works with my bell like sound.
Could you please make your additions available as separate files (I asume
you recorded to audio directly, no MIDI)? As I would like to build a new
version of the track. Even though that will have to wait until end of next
month (at least), as I have a pressing deadline in front of me. Same for
working on newer tracks, where I could make a pure percussion track available
with ease, as I'm using MusE now (Cubase is not even installed currently).

Thank you Steve, this is fun!

---
Thorsten Wilms